Utah is experiencing yet another population boom. This time it’s thanks to the Silicon Slopes tech boom. We are becoming home to hundreds of tech companies looking for an alternative to the competitive and expensive pace of Silicon Valley.
Utah has so much to offer, not to mention a cost of living that is leagues below the Bay area. Young families, retiring baby boomers, college students deciding to stay for the incredible opportunities, and people of all demographics are putting down roots in Utah.
If you’re a Utahan this could have a major effect on your day-to-day life. The value of your home could be dramatically increasing. You may be able to find homes in prime areas for competitive prices. Or you may find that building in a new and expanding area is finally an option for you and your family. The opportunities are booming around the state, but you may want to consider the options opening up to you in these four burgeoning Utah cities.
Top 4 Booming Cities in Utah
- Saratoga Springs. Located on the northwestern shore of Utah Lake, Saratoga Springs has absolutely exploded. Nearly 10,000 people have flocked to this growing city in the last six years. If you’re looking for larger single family homes that are priced well, Saratoga Springs might be right for you.
- Herriman. Herriman has rapidly grown thanks to transportation updates like the Mountain View Corridor and UTA Trax/Frontrunner service. This provides Herriman residents with rapid access to downtown Salt Lake with a more relaxed living vibe. Herriman offers a variety of apartments, townhomes, condos, and smaller single living arrangements.
- Eagle Mountain. On the southern edge of Utah Lake, we’ve seen the small, rural town of Eagle Mountain absolutely balloon with over 8,000 new residents since 2010. Minutes from the Wasatch Front along I-15, Eagle Mountain provides a quiet suburban living that appeals to families and retirees alike.
- Bluffdale. The tech boom has centered at the Point of the Mountain – the central point between Salt Lake and Utah counties. Bluffdale has seen much of the growth in this area. Nestled between Riverton and Lehi, Bluffdale has rapidly developed residential and commercial properties to meet the needs of this area’s growth.
- South Jordan. Much like Herriman, South Jordan has benefitted from UTA connection that allows you to live minutes from downtown or anywhere else in the Salt Lake Valley. This is a popular option for Salt Lake City business employees or owners. The growth has been lucrative and provides many options for business, recreation, family, education, and space.
We’re proud of Utah and the incredible strides we’ve taken to create a place that people love to live. If you’re building or remodeling in Utah, we recommend these cities and a call to Mountain States Windows & Siding for your needs.