Whether you’re building a new home or simply updating the exterior of the home you already live in, vinyl siding is a great option.
Throughout the home building or remodeling process, property owners must make a multitude of decisions. There’s a lot to consider between paint colors, roofing materials, windows, fixtures, and countless other choices. One of the most significant decisions homeowners have to make is what type of material they want to use for their exterior walls.
Popular materials include stone, brick, wood, and many other options. One of the most common exterior options is vinyl siding. There are many reasons why countless homeowners opt for vinyl siding.
So, let’s take a deep dive into seven things you may not know about this versatile building material.
Keep scrolling to learn more.
Vinyl Siding for a House: 7 Things You Didn’t Know
Here are seven things you may not know about vinyl siding:
- It’s Super Low-Maintenance — When choosing which exterior material you want to use for your property, it’s important to consider how much time and maintenance it requires. Vinyl siding is an excellent option because it is among the lower maintenance options available. It requires minimal to no upkeep to keep it looking great.
Once your installation is complete, you are good to go. All you will need to do is clean it a couple of times each year — a simple task homeowners can do themselves.
- It’s Ultra-Durable — Another reason property owners lean towards vinyl siding for a house is because it is extremely durable. It was made to withstand constant exposure to the elements and resist excessive amounts of moisture. It is even resistant to corrosion, rot, and pests.
Most vinyl siding installations come with a warranty, so if your vinyl is faulty or doesn’t live up to its claims, you always have that warranty to fall back on. When you choose vinyl siding, you won’t have to worry about a vinyl siding repair as often as other materials.
- It Immediately Boosts Curb Appeal — Installing vinyl siding almost instantly increases your home’s curb appeal while improving its value, too! If you want your house to be the best-looking one on the block, vinyl siding is the right choice.
If you are considering selling your property, curb appeal is critical. Everyone in the real estate world knows buyers are likelier to look inside your house if they are impressed with the home’s exterior look. Vinyl siding is a great way to improve the look and value of your home.
- It’s Affordable — Vinyl siding is a cost-effective option. It costs significantly less than other types of building materials. Not only is the upfront purchase and installation less costly than other options but also a vinyl siding repair required down the road will be much less expensive.
For example, wooden siding is more susceptible to damage and decay than vinyl siding, all for a much higher investment. Not only are property owners paying more upfront with wood, but they also end up paying more for care, maintenance, and repairs along the way.
- It Helps Lower Utility Costs — In addition to saving money upfront, vinyl siding also helps you save money on heating and cooling. Poorly insulated homes cost much more to heat and cool than properties with decent insulation. I
nsulated vinyl siding helps prevent heat loss, thus lowering the amount you spend on utility bills each month.
Exterior materials are a crucial component of your home’s insulation, and adding insulated vinyl siding to your property is like putting on a warm, protective coat over your house. This means a warmer home in the winter and a cooler place in the summer. Not to mention, you’ll use your HVAC system less, significantly extending its lifespan, which means even more money saved.
- It Gives Homeowners Many Options — An exciting feature that draws property owners to vinyl siding is its adaptability to look like other types of materials. Today’s vinyl siding is shockingly convincing, so much so that many people couldn’t spot the difference.
Vinyl siding for a house is a great option because of the design choices you have as a homeowner. You can enjoy all of vinyl’s super qualities and benefits while having the exterior look of your dreams! Vinyl siding comes in virtually every texture, shape, and color. You can even find options that mimic the look of stone and wood.
- It’s Easy to Install — The vinyl installation process is extremely easy, especially when you compare it to other materials. This means property owners save time and money by choosing vinyl for their homes.
Vinyl siding is not heavy and comes with pre-drilled holes, making it a quick and easy process for professionals to complete. Other types of siding have a more tedious and cumbersome installation process. So, if you want a fast, painless job, vinyl siding is the choice for you. Additionally, a vinyl siding repair is as simple as the initial installation.
Upgrade Your Property With Vinyl Siding from Mountain States Windows & Siding
If you want vinyl siding for your residential or commercial property, the professionals at Mountain States Windows & Siding can help!
At Mountain States, we’ve built our reputation as a trusted, hassle-free home improvement company. Our dedicated team believes in providing our clients with more than modern windows and siding—we work to ensure each project runs smoothly from blueprint to completion.
We only provide our customers with high-quality materials, products, and services that will improve your property’s look, function, and value. When you choose us, you choose friendly, honest, and premium service with a smile.
We serve Salt Lake City, Bluffdale, Spanish Fork, Park City, and many areas in between. If you are taking on a remodeling project, look at Mountain States Kitchen & Bath for all your renovation needs.
Contact us to get started today!