If your home exteriors have become damaged by the elements and you want to improve the look of your home, it could be time to replace your siding.
There are many components that must work together to protect your home and everything inside. With constant exposure to harsh elements, as time goes on, these parts of your home will need to be repaired or even replaced. But how do you know when to replace the siding on your house?
Continue reading to learn more below.
5 Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Siding
Whether your home is wrapped in brick, rock, or another material, the exteriors of your house play a significant role in maintaining its integrity. This is also true for siding. Siding cannot effectively perform when it is run down, aged, or damaged. Here are five tale-tell warning signs it’s time to replace the siding wrapped around your property:
- Slats that are Warping or Rippling — Siding that has been around a while or was poorly installed can cause slats to warp or ripple. Not only is this unsightly, but it can also let water in places it shouldn’t. Avoid these issues and restore curb appeal with new siding.
- Dents, Cracks, and Chips — Extreme weather, such as strong winds, heavy snow or rainfall, and constant sun exposure, can damage siding over time. Thankfully, a few minor dents shouldn’t cause significant issues. But chips and cracks can let water seep into your property’s underlying structure, resulting in substantial problems.
- Animal-Caused Damage — If you live near a wooded or mountainous area, your house is probably home to more than just you and your family. When your siding is damaged, mice, birds, and other small critters can easily find solace and safety in your property. Keep unwanted animals out by replacing old siding.
- Higher Energy Bills — Did you know that your damaged siding could be the reason for your high utility bills? Old or damaged siding is not nearly as efficient or effective as newer or undamaged materials. Once the old siding is replaced, you’re likely to see a big difference in how much you’re paying.
- Bubbling, Blistering Slats — It’s common for homes built four or more decades ago to have siding slats that have begun to bubble and blister. For years, many homeowners decided against wrapping their houses in siding because of this fact. But keep in mind that siding has come leaps and bounds in terms of effectiveness. That used in years past is not of the same quality as today’s product. The siding used today is much more durable, resistant to the elements, and stronger than ever. With consistent care and maintenance, your siding can look new for decades to come.
Call the Professionals at Mountain States Windows & Siding to Replace Your Siding
Are you ready to replace your siding? Contact the experts at Mountain States Windows & Siding! Our experienced technicians are prepared to help and are fully licensed and insured. We offer high-quality service to those in Salt Lake City, West Jordan, Lehi, Orem, and neighboring cities. Contact us to request your estimate today.