When it’s time to choose windows, you may find yourself surprised and overwhelmed at the number of choices available to you. In the past the variety of windows has been slight, and making a choice was a simple as determining sizes and numbers. Today you will have a plethora of choices for windows, and it can be intimidating. How do you know which windows are best for your home?
Things to Consider
- Assess your Needs. Are you replacing old windows for a remodel? Are you supplying a new build with windows? How many windows do you need? Which need to open and which can be fixed? Do you want them to slide open, open inward, or open outward? You need to walk through your home (or home plans) and determine what your needs will be.
- Having an idea of a budget is key for determining which windows will work best for you. Mountain States Windows & Siding offers free consultations, which saves your money. At your consultation they can provide you with plenty of options for your budget. You may also be able to find other financing options for your windows if necessary.
- Sound and Energy. How concerned are you about your home being sound proof? If you live in a loud neighborhood or along a busy street, you may want extra sound protection. What about energy preservation? Thicker windows can better insulate your home, meaning you use less energy and operate more efficiently. This can be especially effective in climates with extreme temperatures.
- Are you building a modern farmhouse? A sleek midcentury home? Traditional craftsman? The style of your home may determine the type of windows you should purchase. Finding examples of homes and windows you like to show your window experts can make the process go more smoothly. We can help you find windows to imitate the perfect home you love.
- If you have children in the home, you may need particular safety features on your windows. You may want fixed windows in some areas, such as second story bedroom windows. You might need screens, window wells, or specialty coverings that will work well for families with small children. We can help you choose the right windows for your family.
Rather than just choosing the windows that are most common or easiest choice, take some time to figure out what options are available to you and which windows will work the absolute best for your home and family.